Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Frightful Food - Apple Cider Martini

I adore apple cider, and hate that I can't get it year round. Last year at the start of fall, I went cider hunting. I wandered around a supermarket until I finally asked a nice gentleman standing next to the apple isle if they had any fresh cider. He shook his head politely and said "Sorry, it's not apple season yet". I stared at him blankly as he stood by the rows and rows of shiny apples. I guess it's made of magic apples or something. Anyway, this year, when I do get my hands on some cider, I have plans...

Mix it up:
4 oz Spicy Cider, 4 oz vodka, 2 oz brandy, 2 oz triple sec, 1 oz fresh lemon juice, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp superfine sugar, 1 tsp brown sugar. Combine all ingredients in blender for 5 seconds. Coat rim in sugar and cinnamon mix. Pour mixture into shaker of crushed ice. Shake and pour into 2 martini glasses. Garnish with a slice of apple and a cinnamon stick.

It seems like I might need a stiff drink after hunting for it anyway....

No comments:

Post a Comment