Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The season so far...

It really started with an apple orchard (cider, yum!) and a country pumpkin vendor...


Aren't these just glorious looking pumpkins? That's my baby there, center left.


We grabbed a trusty old rusty wagon to haul our pumpkin finds in. They had perfectly shaped little orange ones, and beautiful snow white ones...


Can you believe that's even a real pumpkin? It just looks too perfect on my stoop. That thing is going to make a wicked jack come Halloween.


The buffet table in progress so far. Note the apothecary jars. I need way more on this table. I'm thinking about making a creepy halloween tree for the middle out of old branches from the backyard...


Again, can you believe that white pumpkin is real? Mr. Crow can't. Look at his eye goin' all buggy.

My entryway table. Perhaps not surprisingly, it looks not far from this most days, minus the skull, cobwebs and lights. We just collect or create odd knick-knacks. I made the big metal book senior year in college. It's one of my favorite props.

So, a long way to go, but hey, it's not even October yet. I'll keep you updated as progress marches on...

1 comment: